Are Your Sales Captions as Effective as They Could Be?
Each one of the above listing types will allow you to enter a sentence that will show above your listing. This is a space for you to offer something that is eye-catching, inviting and will get the customer to click on your add from the search result.
Often, I come across some Showcase Communities or Pro+ Sales Centers in an area that simply are not entering a Sales Caption at all. Then there are the Featured and Premium Listings sellers who enter a caption, but it’s not as effective as it could be.
Actual Sales Caption on MHVillage:
So, while “Best Value”, “Great Community” or “Beautiful New Home” as a sales caption sounds okay, it’s not really all that inviting or unique. Plus, you would be surprised how many times I have looked at a search result on our site and seen basically the same simple caption on all of the listings in an area.
Also: If you have one of the more expensive homes in the area, a sales caption can help you explain why. I mean, if your home is priced significantly higher than others in the area, there is probably good reason. However, browsers might skip the most expensive home – unless there is a caption line explaining why the home is more whether, it be on land, newly renovated, fully furnished or the like.
So how do you ensure you are getting the most out of your captions?
Here are a few tips:
- Research: You want your listings to stand out above the rest in your area. So, do a few searches on MHVillage in your area and make sure you aren’t using the same language another seller is using for their home.
- Unique Details: Try to find something unique about your ad that you can highlight in the caption. Here are some examples:
- For a home, something like: “Fully furnished, renovated home, with open floor plan”
- For a community: “Retirement Community with brand new waterfront homes available”
- For your Company: “Family owned company, with previously owned homes and new homes in stock!”
- Current and Updated: One of the benefits of online advertising is you can update your information at any time. So if you have a sale or an incentive highlighted within the sales caption on a listing, be sure and keep that information updated and current.
This feature really can make the difference for your traffic on our site. It can be the detail that turns a shopper into a buyer!
And, if you you would like assistance updating your sales captions, please feel free to contact our customer service.